Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Adventure

In class we were asked to find a TV show, magazine, movie, or some kind of media that adequately depicts our life or community. After long thought, the movie “Adventureland” came to mind.
 

This movie is set in 1987. James Brennan played by Jesse Eisenberg plans on attending Columbia University for graduate school in the field of journalism. When his parents tell him they won’t be able to help him financially, James must find a summer job. His hometown is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania . He starts to apply to local companies and businesses, but finds himself working at a local amusement park, called Adventureland. “Adventureland” was filmed at Kennywood Park.



 Since  the Summer of 2007 I have worked at Kennywood Park. When I watched this movie to me it was very funny because it depicted some of my life adequately at Kennywood Park  Whether it was dealing with guest complaints, workers, or just Kennywood itself. Just like this movie I got a job for the summer at an Amusement park in hopes of saving and making extra money. I did not realize my whole summer would be devoted to this park. My Summer consisted of working 12 hour days for 6 days a  week. You do the math, basically that shows how I spent my summer at Kennywood Park.  I feel if you have ever worked at Kennywood or any other amusement park the movie pertains to you. Sometimes you may hate your job but you start to realize its an experience that helps you grow as a person and you always get to meet new people and those people make your job that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment